Kyabram Cricket Club was born at a meeting held at Roselands Albion Hotel on September 3, 1895. Its first president was Mr GH Bishop, its first captain J Allen and its first secretary/treasurer Mr W Adams. 

Kyabram's first two seasons were in a social competition with teams from Merrigum, Toolamba, Cooma, Girgarre East and Tatura competing. In 1897 the Rodney Cricket Association was formed with four teams - Kyabram, Merrigum, Cooma and Byrneside. In this 1897/98 season Kyabram won its first flag under captain H Outram. 

This association folded midway through the 1898/99 season but interest was stimulated again when the Melbourne Cricket Club visited the town in 1900. The visits continued until 1903 and in 1905 Kyabram convened a meeting to form the Kyabram District Cricket Association. The club's first president was Mr D Dawes and its first secretary Mr J A Day. Kyabram won the inaugural flag but for the next decade or more the Lancaster club dominated the association with seven premierships in 11 years. 

After the first World War in 1920 Kyabram competed against teams from Wyuna, Tongala and Koyuga with Lancaster and Girgarre joining the associaiton the following year. It was during the 1921/22 season that the first turf wicket was laid at the Kyabram Recreation Reserve. Kyabram won the 1927 flag and repeated the feat the following year under the legendary Roy Outram. In those two seasons Kyabram didn't lose a game in its 31 matches, drawing three of them. Kyabram's opponents were Lancaster, Tongala, Merrigum, Wyuna, Kyvalley, Kyabram Sundays, Koyuga and RSA. 

In the 1926/27 season Kyabram produced an association and Victorian country record - which could still well stand today - when players E Carroll and Roy Outram produced an opening stand of 326 runs. Carroll went on to make 277 (still a club record today) and Outram contributed 120 as Kyabram erached 7/457. The club went through its most successful era in this period, notching six premierships in succession. This was an association record which stood until equalled by Rushworth CC from 1960-65. 

Kyabram were again premiers in 1934 and again in 1935 before dividing its teams in 1936 and amalgamating with St Augustines to join the KDCA midweek section of the association. Legendary club players Roy Outram and Ern Purday led these two teams until the outbreak of the Second World War. 

The war saw the end of the Wednesday competition and it was back to an all-Saturday competition in 1946 with the formation of two sections - the Kyabram section and the Girgarre section. In their section Kyabram had Merrigum, Wyuna, Tongala East and Lancaster as their opponents. Kyabram won the premiership that year and in 1947/48 the Kyabram and Girgarre sections of the competition amalgamated to form one competition which has remained ever since. Competiting for the Williams Shield in those years, Kyabram won flags in 1950, 1951 and 1953 under Ern Purdey to become permanent holders of the shield. 

After the 1953 premiership win the club experienced a premiership drought, failing to win a flag until 1966 under captain John Pilley, a player with Melbourne sub-district experience. The next flag came in 1969/70 under Pilley again. All-rounder Laurie Quinlan led the club to its next flag, completing an unbeaten season in 1971/72. 

This was the start of another highly successful period in the club's history. Between 1972 and 1990 Kyabram landed no fewer than 9 flags. Five of these premiership triumphs werre under the guidance of dynamic Bob Ferguson, arguably the best all-rounder the Kyabram club has ever produced. Ferguson led the club to flags in 1976/77, 1977/78, 1978/79, 1980/81 and 1981/82. Ferguson moved on to the Fire Brigade and Girgarre clubs after that where he guided them both to drought-breaking flag successes. He returned to the Kyabram club in the 1989/90 season, guiding the side to another premiership. While Ferguson was with the Fire Brigade and Girgarre clubs Russell Morgan led Kyabram to the 1982/83 premiership and also again to the 1985/86 flag. 

Since World War 2 the club has had only five presidents. George Petzke was elected president of the club after Worl War 2 in 1946 and held that position until Ern Purdey took over the reigns in 1953. Ern was president until 1986, completing an amazing 55 years of unbroken service to the club as a player and administrator. Since 1986 Syeve Bubb, still playing today and arguably the club's finest keeper ever, Don McKenzie and present president Phil Coble are the only other poeple to occupy the president's chair of the club. 

In the period from 1946 there have been eleven secretaries, among them brothers Ian and Graeme Haslem. The period also created a club first with Angela Barlow serving as secretary in the 1989/90 season - the club's first administrator in its 100 year history. Tim Purdey, grandson of Ern and son of former club captain and life member Ian has continued his family links with the club and is its present secratery. 

The club has awarded only 14 life memberships in tis career, the latest recipient being, current President, Andrew Porch. The first life membership was awarded to the late Roy Outram. The club has had only 12 A Grade captains since 1946 with Ern Purdey filling this position from 1946 to 1957, and Ferguson for nine seasons in two stints. 

One hundred years of existence has certainly ensured the club has been steeped in tradition.